Senior Manager II, Maintenance
Thank you for your interest in a career with Prairie Material. Prairie is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and supports diversity among its staff. We look forward to working with you!
Summary: Plans, manages and provides leadership to personnel in fleet maintenance and plant maintenance within NIL and CIL by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers.
Maintenance and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the coordination, scheduling and preparation of all plant and fleet repairs and maintenance.
- Performs analytical work to identify cost savings opportunities.
- Directs third-party vendors while performing tasks at plants.
- Participates in the audit of all fleet maintenance records to ensure compliance with all Federal and State requirements.
- Coordinates with appropriate personnel the training of all plant and fleet mechanics staff on proper procedures and diagnostics.
- Oversees the actions required to reduce plant down time and increased reliability.
- Works with VP/GM and Area GMs to set capital expenditure plan and oversees much of the project management.
- Oversees the tear down, relocation and set up of concrete batch plants.
- Works with Safety Director to ensure employees perform duties in safest possible manner in a safe environment. Develop training program for employees surrounding safety and participate in safety program.
Skills – Excellent communication skills both written and verbal are essential. Excellent organization skills with capabilities of establishing and maintaining proper priorities and handling of detailed activities. Ability to plan, develop and coordinate multiple projects. Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
Education – Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent industry experience.
Experience – 7+ years of progressive, in-depth management experience in ready-mix industry.
Knowledge (technical/practical/managerial) - Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access. Ability to handle multiple tasks in a high profile and fast paced environment. Ability to perform computer function in a real time environment. Ability to objectively coach employees through performance issues and make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations and laws. Ability to work a flexible schedule.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid Driver’s License/ CDL Preferred
Eligible candidates will be required to successfully pass a drug and alcohol screening, physical, and background check.
Applications must be completed in its entirety. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of an application.
«Return to Job Listings