Collections Specialist, Shared Services
Thank you for your interest in a career with Votorantim Cement North America. VCNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and supports diversity among its staff. We look forward to working with you!
Key Job Functions:
1. Collection Responsibilities
- Review customer aging report and contact customers with delinquent accounts.
- Update account notes daily in SAP with status of payment, contacts, etc.
- Collect NSF checks per the established procedures.
- Prepare and scan customer’s payments for bank deposit.
- Process credit card payments.
- Prepare and mail monthly statements.
- Contact customer if invoice was short paid to gather necessary information to determine the need for an adjustment.
- Obtain back up from customer as needed to document invoice adjustments.
- Follow up on adjustments until written off.
- Process waiver requests
2. Collection Responsibilities
- Regularly review accounts with sale representatives to discuss collection issues.
- Verify tax exemption certificates and update projects in Command. Request certificates from customers as needed.
- Assist fellow Shared Services team members as needed.
- Performs functions such as copying, faxing and filing as needed by the department.
- Upon request, prepares Experian reports of current accounts for analysis for credit limit increases, payment term extensions and annual reviews done by management.
- Supports management with new customer review and setup.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience performing similar collection/accounting duties.
- Experience in the construction industry preferred.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- SAP experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail and aptitude for figures.
- Good presentation skills and ability to communicate (verbal and written).
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and to learn and adapt quickly.
- Ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills.
- Requires thinking within well-defined, somewhat diversified, procedures with many precedents covering most situations and/or readily available assistance.
Eligible candidates will be required to successfully pass a drug and alcohol screening, physical, and background check.
Applications must be completed in its entirety. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of an application.
«Return to Job Listings