Collections Specialist, Shared Services
Thank you for your interest in a career with Votorantim Cement North America. VCNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and supports diversity among its staff. We look forward to working with you!
Summary: Under the direction of the Credit Manager, this position is responsible for performing tasks involving the collections of delinquent accounts, resolving and reconciling customer account discrepancies, and processing invoice adjustments among other duties that may be assigned.
Key Job Functions:
1. Collection Responsibilities
a. Review customer aging report and contact customers with delinquent accounts.
b. Update account notes daily in SAP with status of payment, contacts, etc.
c. Collect NSF checks per the established procedures.
d. Prepare and scan customer’s payments for bank deposit.
e. Process credit card payments.
f. Prepare and mail monthly statements.
g. Contact customer if invoice was short paid to gather necessary information to determine the need for an adjustment.
h. Obtain back up from customer as needed to document invoice adjustments.
i. Follow up on adjustments until written off.
j. Process waiver requests.
2. Sales Liaison
a. Regularly review accounts with sale representatives to discuss collection issues.
a. Verify tax exemption certificates and update projects in Command. Request certificates from customers as needed.
b. Assist fellow Shared Services team members as needed.
c. Performs functions such as copying, faxing and filing as needed by the department.
d. Upon request, prepares Experian reports of current accounts for analysis for credit limit increases, payment term extensions and annual reviews done by management.
e. Supports management with new customer review and setup.
f. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience performing similar collection/accounting duties.
- Experience in the construction industry preferred.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- SAP experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail and aptitude for figures.
- Good presentation skills and ability to communicate (verbal and written).
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and to learn and adapt quickly.
- Ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills.
- Requires thinking within well-defined, somewhat diversified, procedures with many precedents covering most situations and/or readily available assistance.
Eligible candidates will be required to successfully pass a drug and alcohol screening, physical, and background check.
Applications must be completed in its entirety. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of an application.
«Return to Job Listings