QC Field Technician Services Rep - Aggregates
Thank you for your interest in a career with Prairie Material. Prairie is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and supports diversity among its staff. We look forward to working with you!
Summary: Manages product quality while promoting products, Aggregates knowledge and Company image to customers by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors and subordinates.
Job Scope: Technical Services for specific region of Prairie Material (e.g. Northern Illinois, Central Illinois).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises and plans for efficient use of materials, equipment and employees.
- Performs ongoing IDOT & ASTM Aggregate testing. Records test data, applying statistical quality control procedures. Evaluates data, writes reports and generates graphs and charts to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Evaluates existing quality or productions standards and procedures, recommends modifications and leads their implementation.
- Trains operating personnel on product quality, features and benefits.
- Advises upper management on product development issues arising from product problems identified through technical support calls with customers.
- Conducts audits and makes ongoing improvements to the Quality Performance System.
- Completes all required paperwork (reports, forms, letters, etc.).
- Conducts onsite safety observations.
Competency: IDOT & ASTM testing skills.
Education and/or Experience: Degree from college, university or technical school and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Works in a fast paced environment with a need to respond to ever changing scenarios. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Other key attributes:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Well-developed project management skills
Travel Requirements: Frequent travel between plant locations within a region; out of state travel is minimal
Applications must be completed in its entirety. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of an application.
«Return to Job Listings