Business Systems Support Analyst
Thank you for your interest in a career with Prairie Material. Prairie is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and supports diversity among its staff. We look forward to working with you!
Summary: The ideal candidate will lead or participate in the support and delivery of system resolutions supporting all facets of the systems development life cycle, as well as, the acquisition and installation of vendor
provided applications. They should be proficient in translating business requirements into technical solutions. The role also includes modifying systems to improve workflow or information and expanding systems
to benefit from new functionalities, while still providing support to those applications. This position will play a key role in improving information flow by improving current processes and modifying/upgrading current
- Participate in systems implementation process by developing and performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows, assisting in the development of conversion and implementation strategies,
providing user documentation and training, and post-implementation support
- Conduct root cause analysis on business systems issues and recommend workable solutions
- Plans, tests and documents the configuration of applications and respond to and resolves issues impacting production
- Analyze and document existing business processes to identify potential areas for process improvement opportunities
- Evaluates business procedures and problems determining the precise nature of the problem and break it down into its component parts. After sufficient information has been collected, the analyst prepares charts,
diagrams and reports that constitute a representation of the issue and proposed solutions in terms which managers or non-data-processing personnel can understand.
- Provides guidance and support to users to maximize system capabilities and user knowledge
- Improve the quality of reporting and data by identifying and analyzing user requirements
- Conduct research and analysis to accurately and clearly define user requirements and processes to assist in the resolution of highly complex, multi-faceted problems that meet business needs
- Analyze current system interfaces and recommend improvements
- Provides on-call duties and service during off hours, nights, weekends, and holidays as required
- Bachelor’s degree with three to five years of related experience
- Good understanding of process flows and the development of process flows
- Experience with writing technical documentation including change requests, work instructions, design documents and troubleshooting guides.
- Familiarity with computer hardware, interfaces and cables, sufficient to identify and specify cables and systems.
- Advanced level working with MS SQL Server and database systems. Ability to create complex SQL queries to satisfy interface and reporting requirements.
- Intermediate level working familiarity with MS Windows operating systems. Focusing on application installation as well as file systems, users, Windows Services, Virtual Machines, Remote Desktop,
security and permissions issues as related to application installation and debugging.
- Must have the following development experience: Microsoft Dot Net Development Experience with the following software systems would be a definite asset: Crystal Reports, Power BI, Command Series, SAP, BW
- Valued certifications: Microsoft certifications, PMI certifications, Object Oriented Design
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- A flexible and adaptable team player who is service oriented
- Strong technical knowledge including hardware, networks, software
- Project and development life cycle knowledge and experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with superior organizational and analytical abilities
Eligible candidates will be required to successfully pass a drug and alcohol screening, physical, and background check.
Applications must be completed in its entirety. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of an application.
«Return to Job Listings