Plant Manager - Aggregates
Thank you for your interest in a career with Prairie Material. Prairie is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and supports diversity among its staff. We look forward to working with you!
Leads, plans, controls, and directs the production of aggregate materials at the designated plant site.
- Provides leadership and direction to employees with regard to safety, performance, customer service, and general work conduct
- Manages staff to include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; assuring quality standards are met; monitoring and appraising performance and taking appropriate actions as required; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Plans and directs preventative maintenance and repair work to equipment and machinery; negotiates bids and hires contractor services as needed
- Plans and controls budget through analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecasting data
- Coordinates activities with department heads (Sales, Manufacturing, Tech Services, Quality Assurance, Maintenance, IT, Environmental, Engineering, Purchasing) to effect operational efficiency and economy
- Partners with Sales and Customer Service Managers in helping resolve customers’ issues and complaints, as necessary
- Participates in matters of labor relations (labor negotiations, grievances, labor management meetings, etc.)
- Previous surface mining and management experience
- Strong people management skills
- Critical thinking skills to problem solve and make effective decisions
- Effective communication skills required for writing, collaboration between departments, and presenting and responding to questions from managers, clients, and public
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office applications to include Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Working knowledge of SAP software
Eligible candidates will be required to successfully pass a drug and alcohol screening, physical, and background check.
Applications must be completed in its entirety. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of an application.
«Return to Job Listings