Purchasing Analyst, Shared Services
Thank you for your interest in a career with Votorantim Cement North America. VCNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and supports diversity among its staff. We look forward to working with you!
Summary: Responsible for tactical and strategic activities involving the purchases of MRO, services, CAPEX, and raw materials for North America Facilities. This individual will work closely with the Strategic Team and operations to lead supplier evaluations, selections, and sourcing by researching industry trends, performing commodity market analysis and presenting strategic recommendations. Thorough working knowledge of purchasing policies, processes and procedures is important as this role is the procurement point of contact for operations and our supply base.
Key Job Functions:
- Responsible for supporting and assisting Operations with sourcing of parts and services to ensure business operating efficiently.
- Process and administer purchase orders via the procurement system (Ariba and SAP), including price negotiations, manage inquiries, expediting and status reviews.
- Support the maintenance of Departmental (KPI’s) key performance indicators.
- Preparation and coordination of all aspects of bidding process for RF’s (e.g. Request for Proposal, Request for Information, Request for Quote).
- Responsible for ensuring vendor communication and vendor performance is adhere to Operations requirements.
- Support development and maintenance of procurement processes and procedures between all stake holders in the business (Operations, Procurement, and Accounts Payable). Manage and support regulatory and compliance requirements (e.g. Spend Analysis, Client Relationships, and Supplier Performance). Manage reporting of Procurement performance metrics. Reconcile invoices to purchase order to ensure correct pricing /quantity. Proactively communicate with staff and suppliers regarding agreements, PO’s, ordering, pricing, service level compliance, product availability, policy/guidelines and resolving related purchasing issues.
- Associates Degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two to Five years’ experience in sourcing or procurement field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient with MS-Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, and Word). Ability to learn and keen interest in learning new tools and practices.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management, Negotiation, Cost Analysis, Vendor Relationships well as Accounting terms and concepts and maintenance operations. Knowledgeable in the Concrete/Construction industry preferred.
- Understanding Procurement, Accounts Payables, and Receiving functions preferred.
- Knowledge of working with SAP and Ariba a plus.
Eligible candidates will be required to successfully pass a drug and alcohol screening, physical, and background check.
Applications must be completed in its entirety. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of an application.
«Return to Job Listings