Scheduler I, Maintenance
Thank you for your interest in a career with Prairie Material. Prairie is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and supports diversity among its staff. We look forward to working with you!
The primary responsibility of the Scheduler I, Maintenance is to improve work force productivity and quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning, scheduling, and coordination of maintenance resources, parts, materials and equipment access within the business unit. These duties must be performed to ensure a safe and productive equipment fleet. Duties also include implementation and management of maintenance plans and task list within SAP.
Key Job Functions:
- Maintains work orders and work requisitions (materials and services) in SAP. Confirm that parts and external labor are available prior to releasing work orders.
- Coordinates with Supervisors, Field Maintenance to evaluate work capacity, resources and necessity of subcontracting to maintain schedule. Using SAP, properly sequences all work order activities, assets, resource requirements into a daily schedule which will be utilized by the Supervisors, Field Maintenance to facilitate orderly execution of all repair activities.
- Liaises with Procurement Department to expedite external parts and contractor labor suppliers, where necessary.
- Utilizes job plans, determines parts, tools, skill and technical documents are readily available to perform the required work. Distributes weekly and bi-weekly scheduled work to the operations and maintenance supervisors
- Supports the Maintenance Planner ensuring that all routine maintenance activities for the mobile fleet are appropriately planned (resources, parts, tooling) and scheduled so that the work progresses in a safe, efficient and repeatable manner.
- Assists the Maintenance Planner with bills of material (BoM), job plans and task list development from historical information and jobs, Supervisor, Field Maintenance and mechanic representative input.
- Performs a variety of other administrative duties related to fleet licensing, tolls, fuel rebates and regulatory compliance.
- Monitors KPI’s and prepares detailed reports on backlog, schedule compliance, productivity and historical trend.
- Budgeting and capital planning skills
- Data interpretation and analysis skills
- Negotiation skills
- Conflict management skills
- Time management skills
- Project management skills
High School Diploma or GED minimum; Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional (CMRP) Certification desired.
- Five to ten years of practical experience in the maintenance industry, preferably in ready mix; two years of experience with computer-based fleet maintenance planning/scheduling program highly desired.
- Proficiency in SAP, budgeting tool, scheduling tool and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Eligible candidates will be required to successfully pass a drug and alcohol screening, physical, and background check.
Applications must be completed in its entirety. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of an application.
«Return to Job Listings