Thank you for your interest in a career with Prairie Material. Prairie is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and supports diversity among its staff. We look forward to working with you!
To ensure the safety and health of all employees within the region by tracking, monitoring, providing information of compliance/non-compliance and support the company on union activities. Under the direction of the Regional Safety Manager, this position is responsible to maintain a safe work environment by enforcing and adhering to current safety processes to improve the overall safety culture of the company.
Minimum job requirements:
- Update Status changes for employees that are discharged/have resigned on personal medical or Light duty.
- Maintain current information in Driver Lineup Program (License, Medical card expirations, MVR expiration dates, training dates, current and address and phone information, D&A Testing information),and notify appropriate person and dept. if employee or process is out of compliance. MVRs run daily to determine discrepancies. Remove employees from scheduling and inform them of violations that may have occurred. Provide information for management on long term potential impact to the business.
- CBM Driver Abstracts 90 days. Order Call In Lists for each plant to update the Abstract Log prior to ordering abstracts. Add new employees and delete termed employees. Update “Driver Abstract Log”. Review abstracts once down loaded for new events i.e. inspections collisions convictions. Check each driver abstract for license for status i.e. “licensed, suspended, expired, class and conditions. Inform management of violations and company impact.
- Order CVOR from Service Ontario. Review and record CVOR Events. Send CVOR Analysis to Safety Manager.
- Schedule D&A Testing, Ops Managers and Dispatch to meet the FMCSR requirements. Update employee list quarterly of New Hires and termed employees and send to Consortium. Schedule and review RTW Evaluations/Pre-Employment DOT exams for employees to RTW after a non-work-related injury. Authorize DOT Recertification/Initial injury and post incident D&A Test. Consortium/Clinic Liaison for proper protocol and discrepancy. Coordinate with management on any anomalies.
- Collect injury /accident info and record data continuously/monthly for Safety Pyramid and Summary across North America – Prairie/CBM. Use data to update OSHA 300 Logs for year-end (Prairie). Prepare slide presentation and folder distribution for monthly meetings/Coordinate Safety Committee Monthly Meetings. Prepare and send Safety Toolbox Talks to managers.
- Complete the claims process from beginning to end. (Gather info from driver and Ops Manager. Collect facts from police report and accident investigation to make determination, Including Over weights) Follow up with attorney when necessary. Manage internal claims process on non-insurance related incidents.
- Complete New Hire background checks for NI, CIL, Aggregates and office personal. Code clinic invoices – DOT, RTW, Axiom, Overweights. Arriba – supply ordering as needed. Prepare Training Manuals for New Hires.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work well with all levels of employees within the corporation and outside contacts.
- Ability to complete projects and duties as assigned in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Experience improving and managing process improvements.
- Associates Degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Problem solving and decision making skills, safety educational course including OSHA and FMCSR requirements.
- Three to Five years’ experience in accounting, accounts payable or similar role.
- Construction Industry experience preferred.
Eligible candidates will be required to successfully pass a drug and alcohol screening, physical, and background check.
Applications must be completed in its entirety. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of an application.
«Return to Job Listings